Monday, September 29, 2014

Reflecting

These last two weeks have been a difficult time for me.  I was told that my mother would not have much longer to live.  I took my two youngest kids out of school and went up to see her on her last days.  I came back home for a few days and then went to Nebraska with my husband for her funeral.   I have been able to look back and reflect on some good memories of my mom.  She was a sweet, tender-spirited person.  She was able to be home with us kids as we were growing up.  It is a good thing, because there was one time when I was playing hide and go seek and crawled in the dryer. I shut the dryer door and went round and round. She was home and came to my rescue.  She never let me forget the time that I used easy-off oven cleaner to coat the pan to cook some eggs instead of PAM spray.  They were both yellow cans and I didn't read the label.  She made me feel so special when she knitted  a red cape for me when I was a little girl.  I felt like Little Red Riding Hood.  She would read to us from an illustrated children's Bible.  She had a deep faith in God that rubbed off on me.  It is so nice to know where she is now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment