Saturday, November 14, 2015

A few completions and a work in progress

Here are 4 more diamonds that I have completed
for my Martha Washington Flower Garden Quilt 
Here is another diamond.  I am getting so close in getting enough diamonds to finish the quilt it is exciting.  I had to take a break from hand sewing because my wrist was aching a little.  I am glad that I did because I finished 2 quilts this week. 
This is a scrappy quilt.  I found the pattern out of a Fons and Porter magazine.  I had actually started it before our move, but like so many other things, it was put away.  It was a simple quilt with lots of strips and a few squares.
Here is the picture of the Mary Engelbriet  quilt that I had promised to post. I normally don't put blue and orange together, but because the orange was in the floral fabric I decided to give it a try.  I do wish that the border was a little wider.  I may play with it and widen it.  Or I may just leave it.
sashing squares

No photo, but use your imagination

I am happy to say that I completed my Mary Engelbreit quilt top the other day.  Like all other quilts, the quilt top has a story.  Because of the blues, red, and black in the embroidered squares I had chosen some floral fabric with those same colors in it and some blue border fabric.  When I finally decided to put the quilt top together, I couldn't find my fabric. Sigh.  I had decided that I wasn't going to buy any, but only use what I had.  I liked my decision.  I found a pretty blue, some floral, and some orange fabric and put it together.  It turned out better than I expected.  I will try to post a picture later today.  The next step will be quilting the quilt.  That is my weak area.  Oh well.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.