Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Taking Young Scarlet Apart

This started many months ago when I had completed my squares for the young Scarlet quilt.  I had sewn it together before all of the blocks were stitched.  I saw that the seam allowance was overlapping some of the embroidery.  As I took it apart, I realized why I had sewn it the way that I did.  I had accidentally cut some of the squares too small.  They were cut on the quilt line.  I took these squares to my stitching/quilting friends.  I laid it on the bed with the blocks side by side.  Everyone liked that layout better.  Since there are 3 or 4 squares that are too small on one side, I will lay them on the right side of the quilt.  Hopefully it won't be too noticeable.

Second layout

The original layout
Close-up of second layout

No comments:

Post a Comment